Monday, January 3, 2011

Meet M@!



My grandparents gave me pens, pencils, markers, crayons, colored pencils and a stack of paper when I would visit them as a child. I would be entertained for hours. My grandfather gave me an airbrush when I was somewhere around the age of 12. Also around that time my dad, through some connections at work, made it possible for me to meet Troy Lee. At the time didn't really understand how great an opportunity it was to meet someone who did what I always wanted to do. I had very few questions and simply looked around the shop in awe. The one thing I do remember from that encounter was Mr. Lee handing me a pin striping brush and saying,

"Practice."

That is what I have been doing since the age of 12 is practicing. I took airbrush classes at Coast Airbrush with Craig Fraser and Noah. I study every paint job in great detail when I attend car shows. My work has been featured at SEMA 4 of the last 5 years. Now close to the age of 30, I have experience working at collision repair shops, a hot rod shop, and more than 3 years working for myself. I have painted helmets, sand rails, trucks, golf carts, Yamaha Rhinos, choppers, street bikes, guitars, golf clubs, skateboards and anything else that looks cool and goes fast.

This will be the blog you can follow to see awesome pictures of what I have painted and lots of in progress pictures of the steps needed to create some of the artwork. To start with, I am posting some really old pictures. This is where it all began.

My parents decided it was time for a new toilet seat and I remember seeing custom painted toilet seats at Coast Airbrush or in Air Brush Action magazine or at a car show or something so I saved the seat lid from its demise at the dump and painted it. The flames are House of Kolor Lime Time Green pin striped in Orange 1Shot. If memory serves me correctly the blue shadow is some leftover paint from the collision repair shop I was working at when I painted the seat lid.

The bike in this post was my first paying paint job ever! When I received the bike pieces they were bare metal. I welded closed a few un-needed holes, performed a little bodywork and then the fun part! This bike is painted black with flames to match the owners early 90's Chevy truck and pinstriped in Silver 1Shot.


No comments:

Post a Comment